Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sustainable Fulfillment.

Fulfillment.

At one point in a person’s life, regardless of consciousness, they ask of themselves, “What is fulfilling, to me?” 

Working for the weekends.
Being the best husband/wife/family member I can be.
Adventure.
Blacking out on Friday.
“Hooking up.”
Finding love.

I’m working on a theory that highlights short bursts of fulfillment, as opposed to deep and resounding fulfillment.  I believe most people don’t ask the question highlighted above, they just generally assume that their agenda for life will fill the bill for the time being.  It may last minutes, days, weeks or even years but that well will dry up.  They’re not asking the tough question: What is sustainably fulfilling in life?

In my own existence I am grinding through activities, relationships and “life” that allow me to seek what is fulfilling.  My answer?  Until Life’s beautifully disastrous pinwheel spins me right round again?  Love and adventure: Two elemental disciples of life that will never default existence, provide happiness and always stay classy.

Of course people change, life changes, goals change, situations change and thus definitions of fulfillment change.  Until then, let everyone be blessed enough to experience some form of sustainable fulfillment.  

No comments: